My Sojourn with Health

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Adjustments






As I sit here thinking about how quickly things can, and often do, change it makes me appreciate each moment because it is likely to different as I move to the next moment. This journey is nothing if not a constant learning experience. What is interesting to me is how those around me react / respond to the changes that are happening on my journey.
I have learn that with every change  I have to adjust to , there is a equal adjustment that has to be made for those in my life. So as things shift, change and rearrange I continue to try and explain what is going on for those who are either curious or concerned. It is important to me that people feel comfortable asking questions so they do not have to guess or wonder what it is like, what to do or say, or how to respond etc.

Some  interesting things that have been happening  are the variety of reactions to my quick weight loss. It has been different than in the past several years because my weight loss prior to the sleeve surgery was so slow,  people had time to adjust to my physical changes slowly. It really wasn't until the skin removal surgery that others really commented.  Now with the sleeve the weight is coming off much faster and people are noticing and the reactions have been so varied and interesting.
Some have come to me with great concern, "Is this healthy?" , "Are you o.k.?", "Is it normal to loose so much so quickly?", "Do you think you are loosing too much too quick?". So some  just do not understand and others actually have judgments based on their belief that it is not a healthy/natural way to manage weight issues. There is an occasional jealous remark, in jest of course but we know what they say about jest, "There is truth in Jest". There are those who spent the majority of our social interactions around food, going out to eat and such, so now that we are not eating together they do not know exactly how to connect or spend time with me.
So everyone around me has their own path/ journey to face if they choose to come along with me on this crazy trip. Some have chosen to stumble along side of me others to step back and withdrawal . The last choice is always confusing to me but it is one some choose.
I primarily wanted to bring this up so that anyone reading this can know I am totally O.K. with and and all questions. If you are curious about taking me along with the gang to brunch or lunch or a night out, just ask, we will figure it out together and learn the layout of the new ground together. I too am figuring out how to adjust to the changes and if there is anything I know it is there is no one answer to any situation.
So bring on the changes and let the adjusting begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message,you do not have to leave a link like it says... just leave it blank, post anonymously, Thanks for visiting